At the heart of the Durham Region is Whitby, a promising city of industrial and commercial growth. With businesses in the industrial, pharmaceutical, and warehousing sectors and attractions like the Port Whitby Marina and vibrant retail locations, it’s no surprise that more and more GTA residents are making Whitby their home. Its convenient location and proximity to neighbouring Durham towns and cities, as well as Toronto itself, makes it the perfect place for escaping the hustle and bustle of the city while staying close enough for work, school, and lifestyle perks.
With beautiful neighbourhoods and an influx of residents, Whitby homes require upgraded features to ensure a comfortable and convenient living experience. Homeowners in the area need well-lit but secure and private spaces, as well as increased insulation to handle the seasonal highs and lows year-round. The right window treatments provide all of these through pleasant style, comfort, and long-term energy savings. Discover the difference now.
Window Treatments for Whitby Homes
Curtains, drapes, and even hard treatments like blinds and shades are all part of your home’s interior design. These go over entire expanses on the walls, large enough to add a pop of colour or tie all the decorative accents together by acting as a neutral background. But which type is right for your home?
It’s no secret that the fabric variety requires lots of upkeep, from washing and drying to storage and changing depending on seasonal highs and lows. On the other hand, modern blinds, shades, and shutters are crafted with leading materials like wood, vinyl, and thermal fabrics that boost your home’s insulation. Designed with precise controls, these also allow you to control the amount of light streaming indoors, as well as the privacy level you need to maintain. Get all these benefits year after year with little to no maintenance required.
Window Treatments Coming to Your Home
Window Blinds Direct is a leading provider of blinds, shutters, and shades in Whitby. That’s because we go beyond the basic design and constantly craft new features for increased comfort and convenience. Brighten up your home with beautiful natural light, while enjoying the highest privacy levels and long-term energy savings.
- Blinds: our take on this classic involves eliminating pesky tangled cords and unevenly opening slats — and the choking hazard they cause. Modern blinds are cordless, allowing you to open and close them for various lighting and privacy settings, all at the touch of a button.
- Shades: enjoy luxurious fabrics attached to motorized roller guides for seamless function, increased insulation, and beautiful, classic style but with a modern upgrade. Stream natural light gently indoors while maintaining total privacy and peace of mind.
- Shutters: designed to be bolted to window frames, these semi-permanent installations add a touch of rustic charm and provide optimal light control, privacy, and insulation through rotating louvers of varying widths.
At Window Blinds Direct our designers are constantly reimagining the living experience. This means upgrading blinds, shutters, and shades you know and trust with improved controls, seamless mechanisms, and added comfort.
- Motorized controls: with cordless options and automated controls, you can set blinds and shades to lower and raise at exact angles that allow various amounts of natural light in, as well as different privacy levels as needed. Simply press a button to switch from full view outside the window to total privacy.
- Light filtering and blackout: catch not just some, but all the zzz’s you need without being harshly woken up by fierce sunlight. Our light filtering and blackout options enable better, restful sleeping habits for the entire family.
- Custom windows: complete your home’s interior design with fixtures that pack just as much style and function. No matter your choices in window size and shape, we can fit them with the window treatments you need.
3 Steps to New and Improved Window Treatments
- In-home assessment: the window treatments you select shouldn’t just look good — they need to be durable and budget-friendly. That’s why our designers take the time to visit your home and inspect every room. Based on this we’ll caution against wooden blinds or shutters in moisture-rich areas, and recommend light filtering fabrics for better sleep in bedrooms.
- Measurement: there’s no template when it comes to a secure, sturdy fit. For this, we offer expert assistance and precise in-home measurement.
- Delivery and installation: trust our team to deliver and install your new window treatments in just a couple of weeks, and enjoy seamless operation and reliable function for years to come.